- 1 large fennel bulb, very thinly sliced
- 1 medium napa or savoy cabbage, shredded
- 2 large or 4 small carrots, sliced into thin coins
- 2 watermelon radishes or 4 red radishes, thinly sliced
- 2 clementines, sliced or segmented
- 1 small avocado, diced
- Generous handful of mint
- ⅓ cup sesame seeds or chopped almonds, toasted
- 3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 teaspoons freshly grated ginger
- ¼ cup fresh lemon juice
- ¼ cup fresh clementine juice
- 1 tablespoon miso paste
- In a small bowl, make the dressing by whisking together the olive oil, garlic, ginger, lemon and clementine juices and the miso paste.
- In a large bowl mix together the fennel, cabbage, carrots, radishes, half the clementines and half the avocado. Toss with half the dressing and let sit for 10 minutes. Season to taste adding more dressing as you like. Assemble the salad on a platter and top with the remaining clementines and avocado, mint and sesame seeds or almonds. Serve with the remaining dressing.